Services Maintaining Independent Living and Elderly Support
Gardening for the elderly is one of the hardest tasks to complete when bending down is impossible and movement is difficult. Looking out onto a shabby garden can be very disheartening, especially if it was once your pride and joy.
Our gardening support service volunteers encourage the client to get involved in their garden by helping with small tasks and getting enjoyment and fulfilment once more out of growing flowers and vegetables.
The Gardening Support Service is for those who are:
- Adults over 60 years old or with a disability.
- Resident in the Boroughs of Dartford and Gravesham or Sevenoaks Northern Parishes.
- Living in isolated circumstances or are unable to maintain the garden
The Gardening Support Service is not able to:
- Do any heavy lifting.
- Climb ladders.
- Prune large trees or hedges.
- Remove or dispose of garden waste.
Clients need to know:
- There is a charge of £5 per hour for this service, with a maximum of 2 hours per visit.
- You will pay the volunteers mileage/fares (mileage charged at 45p per mile)
- All materials ie: compost, bedding plants etc are supplied by you.
- Your garden will need to have a risk assessment for H&S purposes.
- You will need to sign a disclaimer agreement.