Services Maintaining Independent Living and Elderly Support
We average about 8,000 trips per year with the help of our 60 plus drivers. We estimate over 800 clients using our service with this number growing each week.
Our service areas are the Boroughs of Dartford and Gravesham and Sevenoaks District Councils Northern parishes which include Swanley. This is a door-to-door, one-to-one, pick up and deliver safely back home service.
We will take you to any medical appointment, to visit loved-ones, to day care centres or well-being classes and on some occasions to get vital, essential shopping.
The transport service is for those who are:
- Adults over 60 years old or with a disability, but they must still be able to get in and out of a car with limited assistance.
- Resident in Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley, including all of the surrounding villages.
Clients need to know:
- There is an Annual registration charge of £15 per person.
- Mileage to the volunteers is paid at 45p per mile (payable to the driver).
- An administration charge of £4 per trip is paid (payable to the driver).
- Two to three days’ notice is required when booking your drive.