Services Maintaining Independent Living and Elderly Support
SMILES Befriending Services
For over 35 years our Befriending Service has provided one to one support for older people who are socially isolated with weekly visits from a volunteer Befriender. This helps promote confidence, independence and well-being
SMILES Befriending Service is for those who are:
- Adults over 60 years old or with a disability
- Resident in the Boroughs of Dartford and Gravesham or the Northern Parishes of Sevenoaks District including Swanley and the surrounding villages.
- Living in isolated circumstances or have little social contact.
SMILES Befriending Services is not able to:
- Provide emergency or acute support.
- Offer services to people with specific mental health needs.
- Provide services which are the responsibility of the statutory sector.
- Carry out any personal care, housework, or other domestic tasks.
- Undertake caring responsibilities.